Camping Equipment Checklist
To go bicycle camping or touring for longer than a day or two, you need to plan what camping equipment you are going to take. You may not need everything on this list, as every situation is different, but you will likely need most of the items. Lay out everything you are going to take, and practice packing them on your bike(s). Finding the most efficient way to pack, will make your trip that much more enjoyable! Examples of some of the clothing can be found on the Bicycle Commuter page, and the Mountain Biker page.
- Tent or hammock
- Sleeping bag
- Clothing – riding and other, including at least 3pr riding socks
- Rain gear
- Jacket and hat
- Maps (your phone battery could die)
- Cellphone w/ solar charger?
- Headlight and tail light
- Small roll of duct tape for emergencies
- Pannier bags
- Cooking utensils
- First aid kit
- Toiletries and towel
- Sunglasses, Sun Block and lip balm
- Walking shoes (optional, depending on your cycling shoes)
- Cycling accessories – water bottles (2) or hydration system, bike lock, repair kit w/ spare tube, etc.
- Day pack or removable handlebar bag(optional)
Copyright © 2017 TheWeekendBicyclist.com All rights reserved.