Alta Alpina Challenge
The nature of the Alta Alpina Challenge makes it much more adaptable to virus-safety than other events. The Alta Alpina Cycling Club has taken the lead to develop new protocols and operational plans to adapt cycling activities to be virus-safe.
The route, timing, and cut-offs remain unchanged. Ride fees include food, water, and beverages at regular intervals and a post-ride meal. However, making the event safe for everyone involves a few new rules and shifting some elements of the budget to gear and supplies for virus safety. We think making these trade-offs is better than the alternatives so we’re working really hard to make this year’s ride the best it can be.
- 8 Pass Challenge/198mi/20,300ft
- 7 Pass Challenge/164mi/17,300ft
- 5 Pass Challenge/135mi/16,400ft
- Wild Sierra Century/110mi/11,000ft
- Brush With Death/87mi/12,000ft
- Wild Sierra Metric/64mi/5,000ft